Speakers - Diane Wenzler, Benefits Plus Learning Center
Find out how to navigate the Medicaid program for the disabled, aged and blind populations (non-MAGI). This course will cover a brief description of how Medicaid changed after the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, who qualifies for Medicaid as a disabled, aged or blind individual, accessing Medicaid through managed care and special managed care provisions for the dually eligible, where and how to apply, as well as the renewal process, including transitioning from the NY State of Health Marketplace to the local Medicaid office when recipients become Medicare eligible.
Participants will be able to:
1. List the qualifying factors for non-MAGI disabled, aged and blind populations for Medicaid eligibility.
2. Describe how non-MAGI disabled, aged and blind access Medicaid through managed care.
3. Discuss how non-MAGI disabled, aged and blind apply for Medicaid.
4. Describe the transition process when a MAGI recipient becomes eligible for Medicare.
5. Determine what Medicaid programs are available to the disabled and blind populations.
Target Audience: Health and social service professionals who work with the disabled, blind or aged populations and want to understand how Medicaid works for those who do not access Medicaid through the NY State of Health Marketplace.
Tuition: $75.00 - Sign up by 4/10/18 for the Early Bird price of $60.00.
3.0 contact hours are available for NYS Licensed Social Workers. Certificates will be issued at the end of the training upon submission of a completed training evaluation and full payment of the training.
|Time:||Tuesday, April 24, 2018 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM EDT|
|Host:||Community Service Society|
Community Service Society (New York, NY)
633 3rd Avenue, 10th Fl.
Conf. Room A1
New York, NY 10017
|Directions:||The Community Service Society of New York is located at 40th Street and Third Ave, near Grand Central Station. Subway (to Grand Central): 4, 5, 6, 7, S Bus (to Grand Central) M101, M102, M103, M1, M2, M3, M4, Q32 AND M42|