Speakers - Leslie Molina, Benefits Plus Learning Center
Find out about the Cash Assistance (CA) program for low-income families, singles, and childless couples. Part 1 covers the two programs available under the Cash Assistance program, who is included in the household size, who qualifies, how the CA grant is structured, how to calculate a household’s standard of need, and how clients access the benefit.
Participants will be able to:
1. Describe the standard of need;
2. Explain who is included in a Cash Assistance household;
3. Describe the two programs of the Cash Assistance benefit;
4. List the different types of eligibility criteria a household must meet to qualify for Cash Assistance;
5. Determine the amount of Cash Assistance a household is eligible for when there is earned or unearned income in the household.
Target Audience: Social service and legal professionals who assist families and individuals with limited income.
Tuition: $75.00 - Sign up by 4/6/18 for the Early Bird price of $60.00.
3.0 contact hours are available for NYS Licensed Social Workers. Certificates will be issued at the end of the training upon submission of a completed training evaluation and full payment of the training.
|Host:||Community Service Society|
Community Service Society (New York, NY)
633 3rd Avenue, 10th Fl.
Conf. Room A1
New York, NY 10017
|Directions:||The Community Service Society of New York is located at 40th Street and Third Ave, near Grand Central Station. Subway (to Grand Central): 4, 5, 6, 7, S Bus (to Grand Central) M101, M102, M103, M1, M2, M3, M4, Q32 AND M42|